Copalcor manufactures niche products & customised solutions for customers
In addition to its standard rolled, extruded and forged product ranges, Copalcor also develops and manufactures a variety of specialised products and customised solutions.
Earthing and Lightning Protection
Earthcor is the earthing division of the Copalcor Group, supplying a range of Eskom-approved earthing and lightning protection products to the growing electrical sector. Please visit the Earthcor website.
- Earth rods (including electroplated steel rod)
- Conductors (earth wire; copper braid, rod and busbar)
- Clamps (various configurations and accessories)
- Connectors (various types of crimpets and assemblies)
- Exothermic Welding (Thermexweld) kits and products
- Couplings, driving caps and drill tips
- Grounding/Earthing (incl. earth plate and earth mat)
- Tapes and Putties
- Lightning Protection (including installations)
Copalcor is a leading manufacturer of busbar systems. The operations of casting, rolling and busbar fabrication are all fully integrated. We offer clients turnkey solutions from design through manufacturing to onsite completion, with the benefit of our extensive experience in managing the shipment and installation of busbar systems worldwide.
Copalcor is often contracted to supply support services, coordinating and managing the design and supply of all other hardware associated with busbar systems, including flexible connectors, insulation and steel support structures. Our major international clients include:
- Chemical corporations (e.g. Chlor-alkali plants).
- Electroplating copper foil plants.
- Companies involved in the metals furnace and smelting industries.
- Mining and mineral beneficiation companies involved in the electro-winning of minerals such as zinc and copper (SX-EW).
Antimicrobial Touch Surfaces
Microbes can survive for weeks on conventional surfaces. In contrast, there are 275 copper alloys known to be naturally antimicrobial, meaning that these alloys can kill more than 99.9% of disease-causing bacteria.
Copalcor embraces the antimicrobial properties of copper and offers custom-made products with copper alloy touch surfaces for use in those environments that need them most:
- Health clinics
- Dental practices
- Veterinary practices
- Public, commercial and residential buildings - for approved non-food contact surfaces.
Other Niche Products
Copalcor prides itself on its expertise and versatility. Our professional staff review and adapt our product offering to meet current market demands. Our manufacuring capability and extended product range include amongst others:
- Stainless steel
- Silver solder
- Blow tubes
- Cast iron
- Brazing rod
- Hanger bar
What can we do for You?
Copalcor always goes the extra mile to provide our industrial customers with their specific requirements. Please tell us how we can help you!